Zits are acne or pimples; a pimple is a small pustule or papule that forms a skin lesion developed when the sebaceous (oil) glands get clogged by bacteria.
Zits usually affect the face, neck, chest, upper back, and shoulders.
It is common for people to pop the pimples on their face most especially; however, this act only causes another infection on that spot and also leaves scars on the affected part after drying up.
After popping the pimples either by mistake or intentionally, wash your hands, disinfect the area, and wash the affected area with antiseptic/antibacterial solution.
It is also best to dab some turmeric powder on the area so as to reduce the chances of leaving a scar.
Causes of Pimples
There are certain factors that can worsen your pimples/acne and cause them to swell up, pain, or cause more breakouts. These factors include:
- Hormonal changes during puberty, monthly periods, and pregnancy.
- The use of makeup products, especially oil-based makeup.
- Squeezing or picking at the pimples and touching the face too often.
- Consumption of milk and dairy products.
- Consumption of chocolate.
- Consumption of medications like birth control pills.
- Use of hair products that contain skin irritants.
- Consumption of much iodine in the diet.
- Consumption of oily and greasy food.
You can get rid of pimples using any of the treatment below.
1. Apply Honey and Cinnamon Mask
Honey is a natural source of antibiotics than can accelerate the healing process of pimples and the scars caused.
The combination of cinnamon and honey fasten the removal of pimples.
Honey also helps to avoid infection due to its antimicrobial agents.
It is best to make use of natural unprocessed honey found in the farmers’ market. Cinnamon powder can also be found there.
Procedure to follow when using honey and cinnamon;
- Rinse your face and pat dry.
- Mix the cinnamon one into paste with the honey.
- Apply little honey directly on the face.
- Cover up the entire face with the paste.
- Leave to dry overnight.
Keep repeating this process until you get your desired effect.