It is a well known fact that the atmosphere and the food we eat and drink are crammed with harmful chemicals that enter the body and add to the build up of toxins that hamper the proper functioning of the body.
Add to this the pesticides and fumes we breathe in unknowingly adding to the build up of toxins.
Before long the body will begin to reel under the effects of these harmful toxins and will need to be cleansed. This cleansing process is called detoxification.
Our body does have a natural cleansing mechanism and this works through the kidney and liver at times the system can become over burdened and may need some external help from us to clean out the circulatory and excretory systems of the body.
Some of the processes practiced for detoxification is prolonged fasting. This is an unhealthy process as the body needs nutrients to sustain itself. The best way is to resort to a detox diet assisted with detox body herbs as well.
Since the immune system is the mechanism that defends he body from disease, toxins cause the person to fall ill as the immune system is the first to be affected by harmful levels of toxins in the system.
This is why it is necessary to remove the toxins from the body through a detox process. The benefits of detox herbs is not unknown to the medical fraternity as a potent way to detoxify the system.
These are the best and the most natural way to detoxify the system and instill a feeling of well being.
Some of the detoxifying herbs used to cleanse the system are:
- Psyllium seeds. These herbs induce bowel movements and clean the bowls of toxins very effectively. The herb itself acts like a sponge absorbing the toxins and passing out with the excreta.
- Cascara Sagrada is another very effective laxative that is used to flush out the toxins from the system and is used along with the psyllium seeds.
- Milk Thistle simulates the protein synthesis in the liver the cleansing organ of the blood.
- Nettles are used in combination with other detox herbs for cleaning the urinary system of toxins.
- Burdock roots are used when the need to cleanse he system is very urgent. This herb reduces the build up of metals causing problems within the system.
- Dandelion roots are herbs with the strongest detoxifying properties. These herbs are used to clean the gall bladder of waste as also the kidneys. The Dandelion root is used in conjunction with other detox herbs as other organs need to be cleansed simultaneously.
The main source of toxins for humans is the pollution in the air and the toxins present in the processed food we eat.
Due to a lack of time people are turning more and more to processed foods not realizing the health hazard they are exposing themselves to. Toxins need to be purged from the system and many people are doing this twice a year.
Doctors emphasize that the need to detoxify our system is indeed necessary, however, the more natural the process the better it will be.